Monday, November 1, 2010

The Nursery

We finally finished the nursery!


Even though we're having a boy, I wanted something bright and cheerful so we opted for white furniture and chose straight lines. We got the crib from kijiji and the shelving and dresser are from Ikea. We had the mirror already and fit perfectly in the room.



We found these cute cards at Chapters and I decided to hang them from some clothes pins I had already and some green paper from Michaels. I got the idea from the amazing John and Sherry. Super simple project.


I love the little owls in the Dwell sheet, so I decided to make an owl softie from this Lola pattern. Very fun little project!



I found these photos from Sharon Montrose through one of my favourite Toronto bloggers, Lindsay. They are so cute and fit perfectly with my animal theme.


My old school glider is from my Mom. She had it in a back room of her house so I decided to take it off her hands and fix it up a bit (it used to have brown pleather on one side and brown and orange flowers on the other -- not quite the theme I was going for...) The fabric that I ended up using isn't my most favourite but it will have to do! I plan on making a bright pillow to add a punch of colour to the chair.


I found this side table at a garage sale for $6. Mark painted it white and I added a little knob I found at Anthropologie. The lamp shade is from Ikea and the turtle shell in the photo is another piece from Sharon Montrose.


My favourite Sharon Montrose photo -- a calf to remind me of my childhood growing up on a dairy farm. I got the fan at a garage sale on our street... too bad it's REALLY loud so we'll just use it for show :).



Finally, a colourful mobile I got from Copenhagen Styles. I loved the bright colours and the animals!

I hope you enjoyed the nursery tour! Now I just need one more addition -- the baby! He should be here in just under 2 weeks I hope!

3 comments: